Top 7 Best Apps to Blur Faces in Videos [iPhone, Android, Windows PC & Mac]
"How can I blur moving faces in a video? Which app is best for blurring a moving face in a video?" - Kerry Palmer
Keeping personal information private is more important than ever, especially with social media growing as fast as it is. Whether you’re posting sensitive videos of friends and family on Instagram, making a YouTube video for friends, or uploading your latest gaming clips to Twitch, it’s important to keep those details hidden from strangers. Blurring faces in videos is one way to do that.
With these apps, you can blur faces in your videos so that only you can see their identity. From paparazzi shots to home videos shot by a stranger without your permission, there are many instances where you might not want the world to see a particular face.
We’ve compiled a list of top 7 best apps for blurring faces in videos on Android and iOS, Windows PC and Mac so that you can keep your personal information safe from prying eyes.
- • Part 1: Best Face Blurring Apps to Blur Faces in Videos on Windows PC/Mac
- 1: AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI
- • Part 2: Best Free Face Blur Apps to Blur Faces in Videos on iPhone
- 1: Skitch
- 2: KineMaster
- 3: MovStash
- • Part 3: Best Free Face Blur Apps to Blur Faces in Videos on Android
- 1: Blur Video and Image
- 2: PutMask
- 3: Snapspeed
AI-based face blurring software - AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI stands out among the list of the best apps to blur faces in videos. Thanks to the motion tracking feature, AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI can easily obscure faces, automatically find the faces and blur them smartly, and apply other video editing such as upscaling, denoising, deinterlacing, sharpening, etc, at the same time. Compatible with Windows PC and Mac OS, it is more efficient due to the higher functionality it possesses.
Powered by the AI technology, AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI helps you save time and patience as you do not have to manually blur each face for each video, no advanced video editing skills are needed. Moreover, it comes with multiple AI models and subscription plans, it gives users better experience in enjoying this amazing software.
Video Enhancer AI
- Enhance the video quality to make them more aesthetically pleasing.
- Upscale videos from SD to HD, HD to 4K.
- Sharpen faces from blurry video and enhance facial details.
- Support denoising and deinterlacing videos as well as cropping videos to fill frame.
- Support adding blur to a moving face in a video to protect privacy.
- Support GPU & TensorRT acceleration.
How to Blur Out Moving Faces in Videos on Computer using AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI.
Install and Run AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI
Tips: you can click here to check whether your CPU or GPU is capable of blurring a moving face in a video with AI.
Firstly download the AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI from the above button and install it on your Windows PC or Mac computer, then double-click on the icon to launch it.
Add A Video to AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI
Simply drag & drop a videos from your computer to the program. You can also click on the Browse button at the bottom of the program interface and upload the video file you need from the computer. In addition, you can click on the Menu button and choose "Open Video File..." to add a video from the computer to the program.
Note: AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI supports the most common video formats like 3G2, 3GP, AVI, DIVX, FLV, F4V, M2TS, MTS, MOV, MP4, M4V, MKV, etc.
Select the Processing AI Model and Set the Output Parameters
Before blurring faces in the video, you are suggested to modify some critical parameters like processing model, output resolution, output format and output path.
Just choose the AI Face Blur option form the Feature List in the upper-right panel of the program. And then go to the Model Settings > Blur Model, select Gaussian Blur or Select an image as a blur from the drop-down list according to your need.
You can also unfold the output preset and adjust the output to 200%, 400%, SD, HD, 4K UHD, 4K, and 8K. Moreover, you are allowed to set the output video format according to your need. It supports exporting video to MP4 (H.264), MP4 (H.265), MKV (H.264), MKV (H.265), AVI (UnCompressed), MOV (ProRes 422HQ) format.
Configure the Performance Settings
Click on the button and select the Settings option, a settings dialogue pops up where you can change the Performance Settings.
On the Performance Settings, you can choose the AI Processor to determine what hardware (GPU or CPU) will be used by the application when processing, and Max memory consumption to Lowest, Low, Medium, High, and Highest. Highest is recommended if you close any other programs on your computer.
Trim the Video and Preview the Face Blurring Effect
If you just need to add blur to a clip of a video, you can trim the unwanted parts frame by frame to save processing time. At the bottom of the program, you can trim your video to the desired length by dragging the slider bar. Or input the start and end of the frames to set a clipping point accurately.
Tips: The program provides a preview of 30 seconds. It would be quite helpful for users to preview the result in current settings. Move the cursor over the video and there will be a play button like the below illustration.
Click it to get the preview. During the preview, the left window keeps the original one while the right half shows the face-blurred result.
Start Adding Blur to Moving Faces in A Video Automatically
Once all the preparation work is done, simply click on the Start Processing button to start blurring faces in a video automatically on computer. The final processing time depends on your computer’s system configuration, video size. Please be patient.
Tips: You can click on the Pause button to pause the blurring process if the computer needs to be occupied for other tasks, and you can resume it when the computer is available.
After the face blurring process is completed, you can find and check the output video with faces blurred by clicking on the Open Output Video button.
• User-friendly to most users both in price and UI
• Multiple input and output video formats are supported
• Dedicated AI Face Blur model to blur multiple moving faces in videos smartly
• Multiple AI models to satisfy users' different needs
• Multiple paid plans, with the lifetime plan being a good deal
• Available on Windows PC and Mac
• Offer a free trial version to test full features
• Processed videos will be covered with AVCLabs watermark under the free trial version
Video Mosaic is an iOS app that allows you to blur faces in videos on iPhone, iPad. The face blur app has a high user experience because of the intuitive interface and various genres of effects. You can blur the entire video or obscure any part of the video frame or get only faces blurred. Moreover, you can decide the shapes for blurring such as hearts, abstract and geometric shapes.
• Automatically blur people's face
• Blur the video with particular shapes
• Auto Mosaic effect on faces
• Trace with fingers
• Users need to make an in-app purchase to get rid of ads
• The application is not stable, crashes sometimes
KineMaster is a another powerful tool designed for iOS users to blur moving faces in videos with just a finger touch by making use of the built-in blender. It brings you a new level of facial blurring effects through the smoothing of your skin. Plus, it comes with credible features to level up videos like multiple video layering, chroma key function, voiceover, transition effects and many more. If you need a multi-functional blur effect video editor, KineMaster is a nice choice for you.
• Featured with various basic editing tools
• Transition effects
• Frame-by-frame trimming
• Multiple video layering provided
• Available on both iPhone and Android
• It requires an in-app purchase to unlock all features
• Free version places watermarks on videos
MovStash is a helpful iOS video face blurring app that you can use to blur unwanted details and remove blemishes on your videos or images. There are 4 types of blurring styles for your videos. It's also possible to change the sheep of the blur. What's more, it can be demanding to blur faces frame by frame.
• Straightforward to navigate
• Various blurring styles
•Able to blur the entire video with timeline mode or face tracking mode
• Available on both iPhone and Android
• Unstable OS
• There is only one video editing function
Blur Video and Image is also a great face blurring app for Android users to blurs photos and videos simultaneously. It allows you to apply the blur effect to media captured by the camera or directly imported from your local library. Besides, you can define multiple areas to blur in a single photo or video. For additional adjustments, you can decide the borders of the blur and change the intensity of the blur effect.
• Provide an adjustable rectangle blur
• It works for photo and video blurring on Android
• Offer lasso select and pencil blur, which makes blurring efficient
• Choose the media or capture a new one using the rolling camera
• It contains ads and requires an extra payment to get full features
• It has a low number of supported output format
• Adjusting the blur effect is hard
PutMask is aLso a good AI Face Blur app to blur faces in videos on Android. Unlike other apps in this list, PutMask uses AI to automatically blur faces in videos. The app will automatically track the face movement in the video and blur it seamlessly.
•The main features of PutMask is completely free and with No Ads.
• Use automatic tracking, you can use a large number of face trackers simultaneously.
• Detect any faces, even a small square with dimensions of 10 by 10 pixels and at any angle (full face, half face).
• PutMask app leaves a watermark on your videos. If its bothersome, you can pay a one-time fee of $7.99.
Snapspeed is a application developed by Google to help users blur faces or objects in their photos&videos . If you'd like pleasing editing without advertisement disturbing, this app is what you're looking for.
• No ads to distract your attention
• Support photo enhancement, filter and editing functions
• Available on both iPhone and Android
• It's a little complicated for beginners
When it comes to privacy, you have to take all necessary steps to protect yourself. Blurring faces in videos is an effective way to do that, and there are plenty of free apps you can use to do so. There are many instances where you might want to blur faces in your videos, such as when the person in the video doesn’t want to be seen. With these apps, you can blur out the faces in your videos so that only you can see their identity. Keep your friends and family safe from prying eyes by using one of these apps to blur faces in your videos.
Do you want to blur someone's face in a video clip? Whether you're trying to protect the identity of a person in a video or just make them less recognizable, there are several apps that can help. In this part, we will discuss the best face blur apps for iPhone, Android, Windows PC and Mac. So regardless of what type of device you are using, we have you covered!
Try AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI to breathe new life into your footage!
Related Articles & Tips
- • AI Face Recovery | How to Restore Extremely Blurry Faces in Videos
- • How Will AI Enhance Surveillance Video Quality
- • 5 Best AI Video Enhancer Software in 2022
- • Video Enhance AI - Improve Video Quality without Any Effort
- • AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI Review
- • Top 10 Best Old Video Restoring Software 2022
- • How to Restore Old Home Movies to HD
- • How to Improve Your YouTube Video Quality
- • How to Restore Old Videos Like A Pro
- • How to Easily AI Upscale Videos from 1080p to 4K
- HEVC/H.265 Converter
- H.264 Video Converter
- What is Video Codec
- Android Video Converter
- Samsung Video Converter
- Xbox One Video Converter
- Sony PS4 Video Converter
- Nokia Video Converter
- MPEG Video Converter
- Convert MP4 to MP3
- Convert MKV to MP4
- Convert Video to GIF
- Convert M2TS to MP4
- Convert MVI to MP4
- Convert WebM to MP4
- Convert Videos to MP3
- Convert MP4 to 3GP
Video Enhancer AI
- Best 10 Video Enhancer
- Improve Video Quality
- Fix Blurry Videos
- Remove Noise from Footage
- Upscale Videos from HD to 4K
- Upscale Videos from 480P to 1080P